Medical Professionals - Parramatta Speech, Language and Literacy Solutions
Parramatta Speech, Language & Literacy Solutions is happy to accept referrals for the following:
- Enhanced Primary Care Plans – concerns relating to speech, language, literacy, feeding, swallowing, and social skills development.
- Department of Veteran Affairs – assessment and intervention re: communication and swallowing.
- Management of children and adults with developmental delays and disabilities.
Please note that Parramatta Speech, Language & Literacy Solutions does not accept referrals for clients with stuttering concerns. Stuttering assessment and management is a highly specialised area of Speech Pathology practice that is best addressed by clinicians at the Bankstown Stuttering Unit. Referrals for this service can be made by contacting the Unit on 02 9780 2777.
Bankstown Stuttering Unit,
Bankstown Community Health Centre,
36 – 38 Raymond Street,
Bankstown NSW 2200
The clinicians at the Bankstown Stuttering Unit undertake stuttering assessments for children of all ages, as well as adults. There is usually a 4-6 week wait for an assessment appointment. Intervention can be provided to children and adults living in the Bankstown Local Government Area only. For people living outside the Bankstown LGA, private Speech Pathologists with experience in treating stuttering can be recommended.
Here at Parramatta Speech, Language & Literacy Solutions, we have chosen to focus on the assessment and treatment of:
- children with developmental delays and disabilities (e.g. Global Developmental Delay, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy)
- adults with disabilities (e.g. Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- typically developing children with speech and language delays / disorders
- typically developing children with literacy difficulties
- adults with communication and/or swallowing difficulties post stroke or as a result of neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis and Motor Neuron Disease
- adults with communication and/or swallowing difficulties as a result of the general ageing process
Enhanced Primary Care Plans
Please enter the following details on the EPC form and instruct your patient to take the form along with them to their Initial Consultation at Parramatta Speech, Language & Literacy Solutions:
Name of therapist: Larissa Collins at Parramatta Speech, Language & Literacy Solutions Pty. Ltd.
Address of Clinic: 61 Auburn Street, Parramatta N.S.W. 2150
Phone number: 0417 190 760
Larissa will be pleased to inform you about assessment results and progress made with your client through regular correspondence and phone calls. Larissa is keen to liaise with General Practitioners to achieve positive outcomes for clients accessing the EPC funding.
Department of Veteran Affairs Referrals
Please complete the D904 referral form and instruct your patient to take it along with them to their Initial Consultation at Parramatta Speech, Language & Literacy Solutions.
Larissa will be pleased to inform you about assessment results and progress made with your client through regular correspondence. Larissa is keen to liaise with General Practitioners and achieve positive outcomes for Veteran clients.